Welcome from the Department Head
Welcome to the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M University!!
The department currently has 27 full-time faculty who offer approximately 120 different courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Faculty are affiliated with four different subfields or “programs”: archaeology, biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, and nautical archaeology.
The department offers degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level. Bachelor’s degrees can be either a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS). The department also offers a minor in Anthropology, and an interdisciplinary minor in Museum Studies.
I invite you to explore our website further and learn more about our department, our people, and our research. Here is a sample of the information you can find on this website:
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Job Opportunities for Undergraduate Anthropology Majors
- Graduate Admissions Process
- Graduate Student Funding Opportunities
- Our Graduate Student Placement Record
- Faculty Research and Teaching Interests
- Giving to the Department of Anthropology
Click any of the links in the navigation bar at the top of this page to get started, or type your search interest in the Search box. Feel free to contact me if you would like further information about our department.
Darryl de Ruiter