Kacey Heitschmidt ‘24: A Student Achieving Her Dreams

Kacey Heitschmidt ‘24 was empowered to pursue the major she wanted when she received the 2020-2021 Stewart and Anna Morgan Scholarship.

Tiarra Drisker ‘25

Kacey Heitschmidt

“Attending Texas A&M means that I get the chance to be a part of the success that Texas A&M provides to its students,” Heitschmidt said.

Born and raised in Flower Mound, Texas, Kacey Heitschmidt ‘24 knew that Texas A&M University was going to be her home.

Heitschmidt was involved in sports and student government throughout high school and wanted to be involved in similar activities while in college. Now a sophomore history major with minors in international cultures and business, Heitschmidt is fulfilling her dream in Aggieland. She is involved in Kappa Alpha Theta, recreational volleyball, and volunteers at Restoration Church Bryan.   

As a freshman at Texas A&M, Heitschmidt received the Stewart and Anna Morgan Scholarship. She says that this was reassuring for her since she faced a lot of uncertainty in her first semester.

“All of my classes were virtual except for my research lab and I was still discovering what I wanted to study,” she explained. “It was a lot.”

Heitschmidt has a passion for history that she says she has not seen in her peers. She also wants to travel the world and conduct research. The research and travel aspects of her endeavors are inspired by her mother who majored in German history. For her future career, Heitschmidt wants to work in a more research-based career such as in an embassy or as an employee for the Department of Homeland Security. She has also considered teaching. 

“I just want to do something that influences change and makes the world a better place,” Heitschmidt said.

Despite the uncertainty created by the pandemic and her dilemma about what she wanted to study, Heitschmidt says that the Stewart and Anna Morgan Scholarship and the community of Texas A&M confirmed that she was exactly where she needed to be.

“For me to be able to have this scholarship just kind of affirms me,” she said. “I’m thankful that they believe in me and my passion and just want to help. It just means a lot because I know this is where I’m supposed to be.”