CFP (Workshop): Inference: Critical Approaches to Visual Generative AI (Proposals due 01/05/24)
The Data, AI, and Algorithms in Society hub of the University of Sheffield Digital Society Network invites proposals for a one-day, in-person workshop aimed at scholars taking critical approaches to visual generative AI. Proposals are due by January 5, 2024. The workshop is scheduled for April 22, 2024 at the University of Sheffield, UK.
Proposals are due by January 5, 2024.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Visual AI and identity
- Commercial applications of visual AI
- The inequalities/biases of visual AI
- The harms of visual AI
- Visual AI and user behaviour
- Visual AI and play/humour
- The legal implications of visual AI
- Visual AI imaginaries
- Visual AI and mis/disinformation
- Theoretical approaches to Visual AI
- Visual AI as/and art
- Visual AI and labour
- Economies of visual AI
- Visual AI and geopolitics/colonialism & colonial logics
- January 5, 2024: Proposals due via Google Form.