Degree Programs & Certificates
Communication and Telecommunication Media Studies are degrees in one of the fastest growing liberal arts majors in the country. The Department of Communication at Texas A&M features leading scholars in the field, excited to share cutting-edge theories and practices in many aspects of communication and media. A graduate with one of our degrees will communicate with excellence both orally and in writing, enter the workforce able to excel in a wide variety of environments and lead innovation. They have superb analytical skills, work effectively as a team members, and enter civic life with the communicative competence necessary to make a difference not only in their communities, but on the global stage.
- The Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication
- The Bachelorof Science degree in Communication
- The Bachelor of Arts degree in Telecommunication Media Studies
- The Bachelor of Science degree in Telecommunication Media Studies
- The Bachelor of Arts in University Studies – Liberal Arts, Journalism concentration
By the junior year, each COMM or TCMS student will choose a minor. Descriptions of minors may be found at catalog.tamu.edu Choose Undergraduate Catalog, and then the College that offers the minor.
The Certificate Program is an option for customization. A Certificate Program is a series of courses providing in-depth study, so you can get the most up-to-date skills and information you need to excel in your chosen field. Certificates combine prescribed coursework with high impact experiences to provide focus in a particular area. These include the following certificates:
- Certificate in Communication and Global Media (GMC)
- Certificate in Communication Leadership and Conflict Management (CLCM)
- Certificate in Health Communication (HCC)
- Certificate in Strategic Communication (STRC) (COMM/TCMS/USLA-JRN majors only)
- Certificate in Social Media (COMM/TCMS/USLA-JRN majors only)
- Certificate in Communication, Diversity, and Social Justice
If you are interested in a certificate, please apply as soon as possible through the links above.
Here is our Associate Head for Undergraduate Studies, Nancy Street, discussing our certificate programs.