Kylene J. Wesner
- Areas of Speciality
- Communication Tactics and Research Methods
- BLTN 310
- Professional Links
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” -William Arthur Ward
I believe that learning should be fun, engaging, and applicable to our students’ lives both inside and outside the classroom.
- COMM 203: Public Speaking
- COMM 205: Communication for the Technical Professions
- COMM 210: Group Communication
- COMM 215: Interviewing
- COMM 230: Communication & Technology
- COMM 280: Communication Careers
- COMM 308: Research Methods in Communication (Honors)
- COMM 315: Interpersonal Communication (Honors)
- COMM 321: Strategic Communication Case Studies
- COMM 322: Communication Tactics
- COMM 325: Persuasion
- COMM 370: Health Communication
- Barbour, J., Jacocks, C., & Wesner, K. (2013). The message design logics of organizational change: Investigating the creation of messages about planned organization change. Communication Monographs, 80(3), 354-378.
- Baker, K.J. (2010). The Impact of Skype on Group Interaction Dynamics. Presented at the 96th Annual Conference of the National Communication Association, San Francisco, CA, Nov. 2010
- Baker, K.J. (2009). Facebook as a Pedagogical Method: How Your Online Self Affects Your Offline Self. Presented at the 95th Annual Conference of the National Communication Association, Chicago, IL, November 2009.
- Lannamann, J.W., Harris, L.M., Bakos, A.D., & Baker, K.J. (2008). Ending the end-of-life communication impasse: A dialogic intervention. Cancer Communication and Aging. Eds. Lisa Sparks, Dan O’Hair and Gary Kreps. Hampton Press.