- Areas of Speciality
- Strategic Communication, Social Media, Sports Communication, Public Relations, Realist Phenomenology, and Thomism
- BLTN 202C
- Professional Links
Dr. Nancy B. Parish, PhD. in an assistant instructional professor in the department of communication at Texas A&M University. She teaches courses in strategic communication, social media, sports communication, media campaigns, and public speaking.
Dr. Parish is the faculty adviser for the International Association for Business Communicators and HER Campus. She also serves on the advisory board for Communication Honors, overseeing all event planning duties of the organization.
She received her PhD in higher education administration with a minor in public relations from the University of Florida in 2013, her MA in public relations and sports communication from the University of Florida in 2003, and her BS in speech communication from Syracuse University in 1998. Dr. Parish currently is ABD at Duquesne University majoring in rhetoric and philosophy of communication with an emphasis in corporate communication and integrated marketing communication. Her dissertation concerns St. Edith Stein’s phenomenology of authentic womanhood.
She is a member of the Sigma Alpha Pi Leadership Honor Society.
Dr. Parish has over 10 years professional experience in public relations, marketing, and sports broadcasting.
- COMM 203: Public Speaking
- COMM 243: Argumentation and Debate
- COMM 260: Introduction to Communication in Sports
- COMM 275: Social Media
- COMM 321: Strategic Communication Case Studies
- COMM 322: Strategic Communication Tactics
- COMM 323: Strategic Communication
- COMM 350: Media Campaigns
- COMM 476: Advanced Social Media
- Advisor, IABC-TAMU and HER Campus
- COMM Honors Advisory Board and Event Planning Chair
- The Honors and Undergraduate Research Advisory Committee (HURAC)
- Chair, Student Organizations Committee
- Undergraduate Committee
- Parish, N. (In Press). The Media’s shaping of Pope Francis’ interview in America, The National Catholic Weekly. Journal of Media and Religion.
- Mendoza, P, Malcolm, Z., & Parish, N.B. (2015). The ecology of student retention: Undergraduate students and the Great Recession. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice, 16(4), 461-485.
- Choi, Y., Starr, W. J., Kim, K., & Parish, N. (2014). Who is wonder woman? Gender stereotypes and heroism in television commercials. Media Report to Women, 42(1), 12-18.
- Mitrook, M.A., Parish, N.B., & Seltzer, T. (2008). From advocacy to accommodation: A case study of the Orlando Magic’s public relations efforts to secure a new arena. Public Relations Review 34(2), 161-168.