Jorge Reyes – December 2018

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student

December, 2018

reyesName: Jorge Reyes

Hometown: Irving, TX

High School: Nimitz HS

Degree objective: Bachelor of Science in Economics

Expected graduation: August 2019

University highlights, awards, scholarships: Dean’s List

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of: Liberal Arts Student Council, Alpha Phi Omega

Current employment: Liberty Mutual, First Baptist Church, Bryan, TX

Family ties to Texas A&M: I’m a first generation Aggie.

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…  I really admired the traditions and reputation of the school. I always wanted to attend a University where there was an outstanding school spirit. Not only did Texas A&M have that school spirit, but it was also renO\vned for its education.

My favorite things to do on campus are…  Attend Texas A&M football games and Breakaway with friends.

When I have free time, I like… Travel as much as I can. Texas is such a diverse place, there is always something to see during your free time. I also love to read about development economics.

The craziest thing I’ve done is…  The craziest thing I’ve done was going camping during a meteor shower. Me and and my friends once saw that there was going to be a meteor shower and we decided to go camping just to see it. It was during a busy week in the summer, but it was definitely worth the effort.

My favorite place to study is… The Zachary Building.

My favorite ECON professor is…  George Naufal.

My favorite part of being an Economics student is…  Being aware of the impact an economist can have in improving the lives of people, from small towns to large countries.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…  Elon Musk

If I knew I could not fail, I would…  Begin my own business and use it to improve the lives of others.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…  Work for the United Nations.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?  Development Economics. It’s the main reason I choose to study economics, and during my free time I love to read books and papers on this topic.

After graduation, I plan to…  I plan to pursue a master’s degree.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…  The 74-72 Texas A&M win over LSU.