Juliana Montoya – June 2019

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student

June, 2019

MontoyaName: Juliana Montoya

Hometown: Bogota, Colombia

High School: Colegio Anglo Colombiano

Degree objective: Double major in Economics and International Commerce with a double minor in Business Administration and Spanish.

Expected graduation: August 2019

University highlights, awards, scholarships: Texas Aggie Scholarship, Deans List

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of: Starlight Aggies, Hispanic Student Association, International Business Association, MSC FLI (Freshman Leadership International)

Current employment: Intern at Avanxo a Globant Division, Reads and Counts Tutor at Mary Branch Elementary School, Legal Intern at Davis and Davis Law

Family ties to Texas A&M: I am a first generation Aggie.

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…  The Aggie spirit, high quality education and the international community.

My favorite things to do on campus are…  Attend Texas A&M football games and walk around campus.

When I have free time, I like… To spend time with family/friends, dance and travel to new places.

The craziest thing I’ve done is…  Skydiving.

My favorite place to study is… The Zachary Building.

My favorite ECON professor is…  Professor Marco Castillo

My favorite part of being an Economics student is…  The professional opportunities that I have gotten from being an Economics Student. My favorite part about economics is the behavioral and development aspect that directly deals with people.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…  My grandfather.

If I knew I could not fail, I would…  Start my own business right after graduation.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…  Travel to every country.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?  I am passionate about education and helping others. I enjoy making an impact on younger generations through volunteering and mentorship.

After graduation, I plan to…  Work at Accenture as a Consulting Analyst in Houston, Texas.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…  Traveling to the TAMU Soltis Center for Research and Education in Costa Rica while getting the opportunity to serve the local community