Madison Moehlig – January 2020

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student

December, 2020

moehligName: Madison Moehlig

Hometown: Richmond, TX

High School: Foster High School

Degree objective: B.S. in Economics with a Minor in Business

Expected graduation: May 2020

University highlights, awards, scholarships: Dean’s List Student, Texas A&M University College of Liberal Arts (Spring 2018): Maintained a grade point ratio of at least 3.75 while taking at least 15 credit hours Distinguished Student, Texas A&M University College of Liberal Arts (Fall 2017, 2018): Maintained a grade point ratio of at least 3.5 while taking at least 15 credit hours.

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of: I am involved in Aggie Sweethearts, Texas A&M Women in Economics and Texas A&M Pre-Law Society.

Current employment: I am currently employed as a Student Worker in the Texas A&M Economics Department.

Family ties to Texas A&M: My sister attended Texas A&M and graduated in 2017 with a degree in Allied Health.

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…  I visited the campus often when my sister was a student here. I fell in love with all of the traditions and the friendliness of the students here. Texas A&M is such a unique school because of the strength of the Aggie Network. The alumni network Texas A&M has is unmatched by any other university. I take great pride in knowing that these connections will follow me after graduation. I couldn’t see myself as a student anywhere else.

My favorite things to do on campus are…  I love going to the Rec on campus to work out. Exercise has proven to be a great outlet to clear my mind and forget about the stresses of school. It is important to maintain your physical and mental health throughout college, and going to the Rec has allowed me to do that.

When I have free time, I like… In my free time, I enjoy trying new coffee shops in the Bryan-College Station area. I am always looking for new spots to find the best coffee in the area. My current favorite coffee shops are Lupa’s and La Gabriella. I also enjoy hanging out with friends and going to various events for the organizations I am involved in.

The craziest thing I’ve done is…  Not too crazy, but one time my friends and I ate at Fuego with former The Bachelor contestant Jordan Kimball.

My favorite place to study is… My favorite place to study is Quadbucks on campus. I really like the study rooms in the Quad as well.

My favorite ECON professor is…  Dr. Puller is my favorite ECON professor. I took his Energy Markets class last semester and I really enjoyed it. It is very evident through his lectures that Dr. Puller is extremely educated on the topics he teaches and wants his students to learn. Every time I left class I felt like I learned something beneficial.

My favorite part of being an Economics student is…  The best part of being an ECON student is the diversity within the coursework. The ECON electives that are offered are all very unique from each other and allow for a broad range of opportunities to learn about different topics.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…  My favorite author John Green.

If I knew I could not fail, I would…  I would either open my own gym or coffee shop.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…  Adopt a bunch of cats and dogs from shelters and take care of all of them.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?  My passion is to work hard and be successful so I can give back to my family one day. I am hoping law school will provide opportunities for me to do that.

After graduation, I plan to…  I plan to attend law school and earn my JD. I hope to move back to Houston and be closer to my family as well.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…  Aggie Ring Day. Getting my Aggie Ring was one of the most exciting days of my life. It reassured me that all of the hard work I have been putting into school is worth it.