Mickey Grebe – March 2020

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student

March, 2020

grebeName: Mickey Grebe

Hometown: Denton, TX

High School: Liberty Christian High School

Degree objective: BA in Economics

Expected graduation: May 2020

University highlights, awards, scholarships: Recognized by the university in a private photo shoot with Reveille.

Current employment: I’ve worked at a Waggie Pet Zone for over 2 years as a kennel technician. I also started my own dog photography business, The Phodografur, in March 2018. My website can be found HERE

Family ties to Texas A&M: My father graduated class of 92′ with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I chose to attend Texas A&M because… My dad. He really didn’t try to convince me, but I wanted to follow in his footsteps. Plus I love how tightly knit the school is. There is nothing like it anywhere else.

My favorite things to do on campus are… I love photographing dogs on campus. Especially at Kyle Field, it’s my favorite building on campus even though I’m only inside it a few times a year. I also love the rec center. It’s the best place to play basketball and workout if you go at the right time. I also love riding my bike on campus with my dog. He’s an incredible athlete.

When I have free time, I like… I love being with my dog. He makes me get up and go at all times I’m free. His favorite activities are playing fetch, hiking, cycling and eating food. My favorite activities just happen to be the same.

The craziest thing I’ve done is… Hiking with a 70+ lb backpack up & through the Chisos Mountains. Extremely strenuous, but the desert is dry and you have to pack out all your water. Mountains are the most rewarding accomplishment there is!

My favorite place to study is… The Library Annex.

My favorite ECON professor is… Jonathan Meer. I’m currently taking his Economics of Education class. He is the most engaging professor I’ve ever had. He doesn’t like powerpoint and I like him very much for that.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with… Joe Rogan.

If I knew I could not fail, I would… I would ride a motorcycle around the world.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to… I would open a large-scale animal rescue program that also helps children from abusive homes.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it? Photography. It used to just be dogs, but I have fallen in love with landscape and wildlife photography. I’m always trying to improve and think of new ideas to advance that pursuit.

After graduation, I plan to… Run a dog boarding & daycare facility in Houston. I also plan to expand my photography business immensely.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is… Taking photos of Reveille for the university. I had never seen her before that day. On multiple occasions I looked for her on campus before and had no luck. It was very special to meet the best college mascot there is. I love Miss Rev