The Department of Economics is committed to offering students a wide range of opportunities to learn, succeed, and excel. The Master of Science in Economics scholarships are available annually to assist students financially in meeting these goals. The MS ECON scholarship applications are reviewed by the department scholarship committee, awarded on a competitive basis, and are based on merit and/or financial need.
For Current Students
Applications, resumes, and a statement of financial need are accepted by the due date. Late submissions will not be taken. Applicants will also be reviewed on involvement in department sponsored events. Students flagged for academic dishonesty will not be considered.
3+2 Fastrack students are not eligible for these scholarships until they have been reclassified as degree-seeking Master’s students.
For Newly Admitted Students
Scholarships are awarded based on a complete application review (application to the program, letters of recommendation, resume, statement of purpose, test scores, and transcripts). A criteria score is based on the grade point average (GPA, and GRE Test Scores (quantitative and verbal) will be computed.
For the admitted Chinese students coming from our partner universities, a criteria scores based on their grade point average (GPA), and the course prep test scores will be computed.
Scholarship Recipient Expectations
All scholarship recipients are expected to maintain the following:
- must be in good standing with the University and the Economics department,
- must enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours (full-time status) for the Fall and Spring semesters at Texas A&M University; this may be waived if the student is an international and in their last semester of study or a domestic student,
- must maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on their transcript,
- must maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on their degree plan,
- must participate in three (3) program or department sponsored events per full semester.
Department Graduate Assistantships/Employment
The department may have employment opportunities for the MS ECON students. Students will be notified by email if a position comes available with details on how to apply.
Students have the opportunity to search for jobs on campus through the Student Employment Office, https://jobsforaggies.tamu.edu, or call 979-845-0686.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Office
Texas A&M University offers many financial aid options to help students pay for college costs. The Scholarships & Financial Aid office helps students with their questions on what is available to them. More information can be found on their website, http://financialaid.tamu.edu, or by calling 979-845-3236.