UPDATES (as of July 6, 2021)
During the summer of 2021, we are only offering virtual advising appointments via Zoom.
If you are an incoming Freshman or Transfer student for the Fall of 2021, you will have the opportunity to meet with an advisor during your NSC. If you think you need to talk with an advisor before your NSC, please email one (not all) of the advisors with your questions/concerns before scheduling an appointment. If it is determined that an appointment is needed before NSC, your advisor will assist you in scheduling such an appointment
Students can utilize the Navigate portal and follow the following steps to make an appointment:
- For Type of Appointment select Advising Texas A&M University
- For Service select LA – Liberal Arts Undergraduate Advising
- select “LA – General Advising” (or other appropriate reason)
- For Pick a Date select a date on the calendar provided
- select “Find Available Time”
- For Choosing an Appointment Time select LA – ECON-see Additional Details
- You can also choose a specific advisor from the “Staff” drop down menu.
- After a time is chosen, click Schedule on final screen to confirm appointment.
Navigate will send an auto-reply email with instructions on how to access the advisor’s Zoom meeting room for your advising session. If you are more than 5 minutes late to your online advising session, an advisor may cancel the appointment and you will need to reschedule for a later date.
As a professional courtesy, we ask for all students to please make sure that their username lists their first and last name prior to entering the advisor’s virtual waiting room. If the student’s visible Zoom username does not display with their first and last name, they will not be admitted to the advisor’s Zoom room for their appointment or virtual drop-in advising hours.
If you have any trouble utilizing Zoom, please email the advisor with whom you have an appointment to make different arrangements (such as an advising session over the phone).