Change of Major
To request to change your major to Economics, your Texas A&M transcript must reflect that you meet all of the requirements below at time of application. If you do not meet the requirements, your application will be denied.
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA. NOTE: Starting 1 June, 2023, the minimum GPA requirement will be raised to 2.75
- Completed ECON 202 and 203 with C or better AND 3.0 ECON 202/203 GPA
- Completed (pick one) MATH 140/152 and (pick one) MATH 142/151 with a “C” or better AND 2.5 Math GPA
- 60 hours or fewer from all sources (Accepted AP, IB, Dual Credit, Transfer & TAMU Hours)
If you do not meet one or more of the requirements listed, you may submit a waiver request. You must select that you are requesting a waiver in the Howdy system and utilize the essay boxes.
- A waiver is a request and should not be treated as a guarantee; as it can be denied.
- Waivers will be considered on a case by case basis, with consideration given to time to degree and remaining coursework.
- Students with more than 60 hours but less than 90 hours at the time of application may apply to change majors via waiver. Again, consideration will be given to time to degree and remaining coursework with the possibility of denial.
Change of Major Dates:
Spring 2024: December 19 – February 12
Summer 2023: May 16 – June 27
Fall 2023: August 16 – September 18