Associate Director, Graduate Studies
- Areas of Speciality
- 20th and 21st Century Studies
- Transnational Literatures
- Race and Ethnicity Studies
- African American and African Diaspora Literature
- (979) 845-8332
- LAAH 362
- Professional Links
Ph.D., Stanford University
M.A., Stanford University
B.A., Rutgers University
- Humanism, Race, and Nationalism
- Caribbean Literature & Philosophical Thought
- African Diaspora Literature & Theory
- Postcolonial Literature & Theory
- Indigenous Studies
- Settler Colonial Studies
Honors and Awards
- AVPA Grant
- Stice Feminist Lecturer of Justice (UW)
- “The Re/Presentation of the Indigenous Caribbean in Literature.” The Oxford Handbook of Indigenous American Literature. Ed. Cox, James H. and Daniel Heath Justice. Oxford UP, 2014.
- “Risk, Blackness, and Postcolonial Studies: an Introduction.” Callaloo. 37.1. (2014)
- “To be Anti-black is to be Anti-indigenous: Reflections on Emancipation.” Stabroek News. Georgetown, Guyana. Column. July 28, 2014.
- Creole Indigeneity: Between Myth and Nation in the Caribbean. University of Minnesota Press, 2012. Series: First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies.
- “The Baptism of Soil: Rooplall Monar and the aesthetics of the kala pani modern.” Journal of Caribbean Literatures. 6.3. 2011.