Now Hiring: Graduate Research Assistant
The Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research is hiring a Graduate Research Assistant to begin in January 2023.
This position will support Glasscock Center initiatives. The Graduate Research Assistant will provide assistance with the Public Humanities initiative and conduct related research with the goal of supporting the development of Center programs. They will provide support under the Center’s various activities, events, and functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and planning related to development of the Glasscock Center’s Public Humanities initiative under the Associate Director;
- Working with the team to maintain the Center’s Climate and Inclusion Plan and develop the accountability report
- Assist with GCHR programs, academic conferences, and other activities
- Assist with GCHR general office tasks
- Full-time PhD student in good standing at Texas A&M
- PhD home department is in the College of Arts and Sciences and the PhD study is in a humanities or humanistic social sciences subject
Desirable Qualifications (flexible)
- Applicant is more than one year from anticipated PhD graduation
- Experience in event planning
This position carries the expectation that you will keep regular in-person hours at the Center, balanced with the needs of your education-related obligations.
Interested applicants should send a brief cv, brief written expression of interest, and name of their graduate advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org.