Glasscock Center Space Use FAQ
Anyone in affiliated departments, working groups, etc. can reserve space in the Glasscock Center. Priority will be given to the Glasscock Center’s events and co-sponsored events.
Fill out the online room request form and submit following the instructions.
Three rooms are available for reservation:
Glasscock Center Library, Room 311
- Type of seating: Lounge chairs/sofas, lecture chairs (reconfigurable to suit your needs)
- Other items: Ceiling-mounted projector and speaker system; projection screen; lectern with built-in desktop PC for presenter; ceiling-mounted web-cam and microphone
- Seating Capacity: 50
Seminar Room, Room 300
- Type of seating: Modular; 6 tables with 15 chairs
- Other items: Ceiling-mounted projector; projection screen; lectern with built-in desktop PC for presenter; ceiling-mounted web-cam
- Seating Capacity: 25 (Up to 40 can be accommodated in lecture format with tables removed. Must be requested in advance.)
Conference Room, Room 308
- Type of seating: Modular; 4 tables with 12 chairs
- Other items: Whiteboard (can be used for projection); portable projector may be utilized.
- Seating Capacity: 10-15 people
A projector and desktop computer are available in Rooms 311 and 300. If equipment is needed in Room 308 (i.e. laptop and portable projector), you must reserve the equipment in advance.
The Glasscock Center does not provide audio-video/technical support. It is your responsibility to secure technical support from either your home department or College of Arts and Sciences IT.
No, none of the event spaces at the Glasscock Center have landlines or the associated phone equipment.
Rooms are normally available only during working hours. Use at other times must be cleared by the director or associate director.
No. You will receive an email or phone call approving or denying your request within one week of submission.
Food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted. All coordination and clean-up is your responsibility. If you are having food delivered, please be sure someone from your organization is present to accept the delivery. The Glasscock Center staff cannot sign for your deliveries.
Simply call the Glasscock Center for Humanities Research at (979) 845-8328 or email email@example.com.
The Glasscock Center provides tables and chairs as listed in the room descriptions above. Additional tables/chairs and any linens must be provided by the reserving party.
Yes. We offer some general guidelines of set up for various types of events. You may rearrange (within reason) however best suits your needs, under the condition that the room is returned to its original state when finished.
Set-up and clean-up is the responsibility of the party using the space. Please plan to have someone arrive early to set up the room and accept food deliveries. In some situations, with prior arrangement, Glasscock Center staff may be available to assist with set up.
It is the responsibility of the party using the space to clean up and return the room to the original arrangement. Diagrams are available for general room set up.
With respect to posting Working Group and Co-Sponsored events, the Glasscock Center has developed the following policy:
- We encourage all Working Group conveners to forward scheduling and event information to us as early as possible for inclusion on our web calendar.
- To include an event on our calendar and monthly “Upcoming Events” e-mail, which we send to our listserv, all relevant details should be sent to us no less than one month before your event will take place.