Key to every student’s success is their understanding of the requirements of the major and/or minor. Our Undergraduate Advising Office provides a welcoming environment, where our friendly and knowledgeable staff assists students with information about degree requirements, courses, scholarships, degree planner and study abroad opportunities, among other things. Majors are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor every semester prior to pre-registration to ensure that their requirements are being met and they are on track for graduation.
Undergraduate Advising Hours Fall 2021
The College of Liberal Arts will continue to meet with students virtually for advising during the fall 2021 semester. Should you prefer an in-person meeting, you may still drop in, in person and you will be asked to check in. We will offer you quality academic advising in the safest possible way, we recommend that safety precautions, such as mask wearing and social distancing are followed.
Fall Semester Hispanic Studies Virtual or In Person Drop Ins Advising Hours are:
Monday: Drop-in hours, 9:00 am - 11:30 am & 1:30 - 4:00 pm
Tuesday: Drop-in hours, 1:30-4:00pm
Wednesday : Drop-in hours, 9-11:30am
Thursday: Drop-in hours, 9:00 - 11:30 am
Friday: Drop-in hours, 1:30-4:00pm
Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Pre-Registration FAQ
- I cannot register for SPAN 101
- If you took SPAN in high school, you have to take the placement test; you can register for the test at marketplace.tamu.edu.
- Scores can take up to a week to be posted
- I register tomorrow and have not taken the test?
- Once you take the test you can register for an AVAILABLE course during open registration.
- Why are all 101, 102, 201, 202 restricted to U1/U2
- Please check all restrictions, there is at least one section open for Juniors/Seniors (U3/U4).
- All restrictions will be lifted during open registration, then you can register for an AVAILABLE section
- Exceptions to override them will NOT be made.
- I cannot register for this 300 level or 400 level SPAN course
- Did you check the pre-requisites, some are majors only and some have specific course pre-requisites.
- Majors restriction will be lifted during open-registration.
- I transferred in SPAN 101,102,201, 202 or some 300 level, but I cannot register for anything.
- If the course was not a TAMU equivalent transfer, email me your UIN number for an override that will allow you to register for the course as long as there are seats.
- The course is full, is there a waitlist?
- Here is the waitlist for SOME SPAN courses.
- There will be no forcing into ANY SPAN course.
- August 18: Graduation Application Opens
- August 30: Undergraduate Curriculum Change period begins
- September 3: Last day for add/dropping courses for the fall
- September 24: Undergraduate Curriculum Change period closes
- September 30: Undergraduate Degree Planner Due
- November 4 thru the 17th: Pre-registration begins
- November 19: Last Day to Q drop, Withdraw from the University, Change grade type for KINE 198/199
Meeting your Advisors