Key to every student’s success is their understanding of the requirements of the major and/or minor. Our Undergraduate Advising Office provides a welcoming environment, where our friendly and knowledgeable staff assists students with information about degree requirements, courses, scholarships, degree planner and study abroad opportunities, among other things. Majors are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor every semester prior to pre-registration to ensure that their requirements are being met and they are on track for graduation.
Undergraduate Advising Hours Summer 2022
The College of Liberal Arts will continue to meet with students virtually for advising during the Spring 2022 semester. Should you prefer an in-person meeting, you may still drop in, in person and you will be asked to check in. We will offer you quality academic advising in the safest possible way, we recommend that safety precautions, such as mask wearing and social distancing are followed.
Due to New Student Conferences during the summer, office hours will be very limited.
Summer Semester Hispanic Studies Virtual or In Person Drop Ins Advising Hours are:
Monday & Tuesday Morning
Drop-in hours, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Monday & Tuesday Afternoon
Appointments Only (Can be made via Navigate via your howdy)
Fall 2022 Pre-Registration FAQ
- I cannot register for SPAN 101
- If you took SPAN in high school, you have to take the placement test; you can register for the test at marketplace.tamu.edu
- Scores can take up to a week to be posted
- I register tomorrow and have not taken the test?
- Once you take the test you can register for an AVAILABLE course during open registration.
- Why are all 101, 102, 201, 202 restricted to U1/U1
- All restrictions will be lifted during open registration, then you can register for an AVAILABLE section.
- Exceptions to override them will NOT be made.
- I cannot register for this 300 level or 400 level SPAN course
- Did you check the pre-requisites, some are majors only and some have specific course pre-requisites.
- Majors restriction will be lifted during open-registration.
- I transferred in SPAN 101,102,201, 202 or some 300 level, but I cannot register for anything.
- If the course was not a TAMU equivalent transfer, email me your UIN number for an override that will allow you to register for the course as long as there are seats.
- The course is full, is there a waitlist?
- Here is the waitlist for SOME SPAN courses.
- There will be no forcing into ANY SPAN course.
For the waitlist, I have opened it and here is the link: Waitlist for Fall 2022 https://forms.gle/gPx5Mon3VRipnhFT8 in case you need it.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines to know:
- May 17th Major change application available via your howdy
- May 18th Graduation Application opens
- May 30th Staff Holidays
- May 31st First day of Summer Session one and 10-week term classes
- June 17th Reading Day no Classes
- June 21st Last day to Q drop
- June 28th Last Day to submit a major change application
- July 4th Staff Holiday
- July 7th First day of Summer Session Two classes
- July 12th Last Day to apply for graduation
- July 12th Last Day to Q drop 10 Week and Summer Session II
Meeting your Advisors