Key to every student’s success is their understanding of the requirements of the major and/or minor. Our Undergraduate Advising Office provides a welcoming environment, where our friendly and knowledgeable staff assists students with information about degree requirements, courses, scholarships, degree planner and study abroad opportunities, among other things. Majors are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor every semester prior to pre-registration to ensure that their requirements are being met and they are on track for graduation.
Office Hours (Updated for Summer ‘21 and Fall ’21)
Summer Advising Hours: During the summer, advisors will need to dedicate time towards numerous first-year and transfer New Student Conferences.
In anticipation of this, we will offer walk-ins on Monday and Tuesday morning (9-11:30am) and afternoon (1:30 to 4:00).
Advising Hours For Fall 2021
Summer and Fall 2021 Pre-Registration FAQ
- I cannot register for SPAN 101
- If you took SPAN in high school, you have to take the placement test; you can register for the test at marketplace.tamu.edu.
- Scores can take up to a week to be posted
- I register tomorrow and have not taken the test?
- Once you take the test you can register for an AVAILABLE course during open registration.
- Why are all 101, 102, 201, 202 restricted to U1/U2
- Please check all restrictions, there is at least one section open for Juniors/Seniors (U3/U4).
- All restrictions will be lifted during open registration, then you can register for an AVAILABLE section
- Exceptions to override them will NOT be made.
- I cannot register for this 300 level or 400 level SPAN course
- Did you check the pre-requisites, some are majors only and some have specific course pre-requisites.
- Majors restriction will be lifted during open-registration.
- I transferred in SPAN 101,102,201, 202 or some 300 level, but I cannot register for anything.
- If the course was not a TAMU equivalent transfer, email me your UIN number for an override that will allow you to register for the course as long as there are seats.
- The course is full, is there a waitlist?
- Here is the waitlist for SOME SPAN courses.
- There will be no forcing into ANY SPAN course.
SPAN Minor request click here, these are reviewed once a week
- April 27: Fall semester schedule released
- April 29 – May 12: Fall Pre-Registration for current students
- April 29: FINAL Spring Graduation Application Deadline
- April 30: Deadline to update KINE 198/199 grade type
- April 30: *Updated* Q Drop Deadline (drops must be completed by 5 pm)
- April 30: Withdrawal Deadline for Spring 2021 term
- May 13 – May 25: Fall Open Registration
Undergraduate Advising Office Hours
Location: Academic Building RM M107
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday Monday, Tuesday, and Friday
9:30-11:30 am 1:30-4:00pm
For assistance or general advising questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting your Advisors
During advising meetings, our advisors can discuss a variety of topics with you including, but not limited to: