Why history? Why Texas A&M?
Here’s why. We have:
- World-class faculty studying diverse peoples, ideas, and cultures worldwide and across time
- Professors widely recognized as among the best teachers in the university
- Many faculty awarded Association of Former Students Distinguished Teaching Awards or other prestigious classroom honors
- Professors—not temporary instructors or graduate students—teach over 90% of all undergraduate courses
- Students take two writing-intensive research seminars with 15 or fewer classmates
- Students choose elective courses to explore the diversity of the human experience through time
- Successful, highly motivated students may participate in Honors programs which challenge their interests and abilities
- Opportunities for students to present their research at the annual History Student Conference
- Funding awarded on a competitive basis for travel to archives to conduct research or to professional conferences to deliver papers
- Professors actively assist with students’ critical thinking, writing, reading, and speaking skills
- Graduates go on to leading law schools, medical schools, and Ph.D. programs
- Graduates employed business management, government service, education, and public relations
If you have questions about our program, please contact our undergraduate advisor, Mrs. Robyn Konrad, email@example.com.