Application materials should be submitted through the Application Information System (AIS). These include:
– Statement of purpose. Your statement of purpose should be no longer than 2 pages, double-spaced, and should focus on your academic experience and interests. We are primarily interested in details about your intellectual interests (what you would like to study and why), as well as any relevant details about your previous experience with performance and performance studies. Details about academic accomplishments such as publications, presentations at conferences, etc. should also be included.
– Official copies of all transcripts.
– Writing sample. Writing samples should be critical essays, 2500-4000 words, with no professor’s comments or grades. Writing samples should be carefully edited and proofread.
– Three letters of recommendation. All or most of your letters should be written by professors who have had you in class. All letters MUST be submitted through the Applicant Information System (AIS). Once Admissions has processed your application, you will receive instructions on how to set up your letters of recommendation.
– Curriculum vitae. Your c.v. should outline your academic background and accomplishments, including (if applicable) prizes, scholarships, conference presentations, and publications.
– GRE Scores. Unofficial scores can be uploaded into AIS. Texas A&M University requires the GRE. Have the testing service to mail the official scores to the university’s Graduate Admissions Office. We do not have a minimum GRE score.
– TOEFL scores, for international applicants. Unofficial scores can be uploaded to the AIS; official scores should be sent by the testing service directly to the Office of Admissions.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the first year we’re using the Applicant Information System (AIS), and we have learned that the department cannot see any parts of the application until the applicant fills out and submits the “Departmental Data Sheet.” So, please, do that as soon as possible; that way, we can pay attention to what parts of the application are missing, and get in touch with applicants directly.
How to apply
For questions about visa applications, health insurance, and migration regulations, please contact ISS (International Student Services).
For further questions about our MA program, please contact our Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Leonardo Cardoso — firstname.lastname@example.org