For full funding consideration for Fall 2021, students should apply by January 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed until February 15, 2021, or until all teaching assistantships are filled.
To apply, please submit the following materials through the GraduateCAS portal:
- Statement of Purpose: Your statement of purpose should be no longer than 2 pages, double-spaced, and should focus on your academic experience and interests. We are primarily interested in details about your intellectual interests (what you would like to study and why), as well as any relevant details about your previous experience with performance and performance studies. Details about academic accomplishments such as publications, presentations at conferences, etc. should also be included.
- Official transcripts
- One writing sample: Writing samples should be critical essays, 2500-4000 words, with no professor’s comments or grades. Writing samples should be carefully edited and proofread.
- Three letters of recommendation: Letters can be submitted through the GraduateCAS portal or via email to Dr. Leonardo Cardoso (email@example.com).
- Curriculum vitae: Your CV should outline your academic background and accomplishments, including (if applicable) prizes, scholarships, conference presentations, and publications.
NOTE: We do not require GRE scores
- English Language Proficiency Verification (for international applicants only): please submit
- a TOEFL score of at least 80 on TOEFL iBT (550 paper-based), or
- an IELTS score of at least 6.0, or
- a GRE Verbal Reasoning score of at least 146 (400 on the old scale), or
- a GMAT Verbal score of at least 22, or
- a PTE Academic score of at least 53, or
Citizens of certain English speaking countries are exempt from the verification requirement. Also, an international graduate student holding a master’s degree, or completing all years of a bachelor's degree or higher, from an accredited institution located in the U.S. qualifies for alternative verification. Unofficial scores can be uploaded to the GraduateCAS portal. Official scores should be sent by the testing service directly to the Office of Admissions.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Leonardo Cardoso -- firstname.lastname@example.org