Application and Admission
Admission to the Master of Science program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology is based on evidence of leadership, a commitment to diversity, and relevant skills and accomplishments that demonstrate the potential for excellence. Students admitted to the program typically have competitive GRE (Verbal + Quantitative) scores and GPAs, although we are fundamentally interested in admitting the best students regardless of scores and recognize that a number of factors can impact test scores.
Master’s Program Application Process
(We will begin extending offers the week of March 19th; We will continue accepting and reviewing applications until May 1, 2018)
1. Complete and Submit the ApplyTexas Application Online
Application Location: http://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
Once you have submitted your ApplyTexas Application, you will then receive an confirmation email from the TAMU Admissions office with your University Identification Number (UIN) that you will use to upload your documents to the Applicant Information System (AIS). You will not receive an email from the TAMU Admission office until 5 – 7 business days after submitting your ApplyTexas application. Also, you can only apply to one degree seeking program within the Texas A&M system.
Required Documents and Information:
- Statement of Purpose: The statement of purpose (also known as a “personal statement”) should describe your reasons for applying to the I/O program. This document should include details regarding your qualifications, your experience and interests, future career plans, and how you contribute to diversity and inclusion. Please also include any other aspects of your background and interests that could help the admissions committee evaluate your potential for graduate study. Upload your statement of purpose in the ApplyTexas online application.
- GRS document on your AIS page: Completing this form will enter your application into the department’s processing system. The department cannot process your application until you have completed this form so failure to complete this form will greatly delay your application. Most of the items on this form are very straightforward.
2. Send Your Test Scores
Test scores will need to be sent directly from the Educational Testing service to Texas A&M University
- GRE scores: Official GRE Scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University and be from a test date within five years of the date the application form reached the Office of Admissions. We do not require the GRE Psychology Subject test. For information on test dates and locations, please visit Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) website. Use code 6003 to report your GRE scores to Texas A&M University
- TOEFL scores: Official TOEFL scores are required by the university for all applicants whose first language is not English. Unless you have a 4 year B.A. or M.A. degree from an English-speaking country, you are required to take the TOEFL examination to provide evidence of English language proficiency. This test can be waived if your GRE verbal score is higher than 146. TOEFL scores should be sent directly from the testing service, and must be from a test date within two years of the date of your application. For information on registration, test centers, dates and test formats, go to http://toefl.org. Use code 6003 to report your TOEFL scores to Texas A&M University.
3. Request Your Transcripts
Transcripts must be mailed directly from your institution to the TAMU Office of Admissions at the address below. NOTE: If you completed your undergraduate study at Texas A&M University, you do not need to submit an official transcript from the University. Texas A&M will accept electronic transcripts through PARCHMENT, SPEEDE, eScrip-SAFE or National Clearing House. Transcripts from any other vendor will not be accepted. Please send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do NOT mail the transcripts to the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences.
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
4. Complete and Submit materials in the Applicant Information System (AIS)
Required Documents and Information:
- Letters of Recommendation
The ApplyTexas online application includes a section where you can identify your recommendation letter writers; however, ApplyTexas will take no action based on this information.We require that three recommendation letters be submitted directly through the electronic Letter of Recommendation system found under the My Documents tab of the Applicant Information System (AIS). Please read the instructions you received in the confirmation email from the Office of Admissions for further details.
- Resume – Please upload your resume into Applicant Information System (AIS). Your resume should highlight skills and accomplishments relevant to pursuit of an I/O degree.