Graduate Degree Paperwork
Before starting the steps below. The student should meet with Peggy Brigman the Administrative Coordinator in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences so that she can help you throughout the process to your degree.
Doctoral Degree Steps:
- The student should meet with their faculty advisor to come up with a degree plan.
- The student will need to complete their degree plan in DPSS system (Your degree plan will need to be filed at least 90 days before the Preliminary Exam is taken)
- Both the student and faculty chair will need to review the students eligibility requirements for the preliminary exam by using the Preliminary Exam Requirements form.
- Once a Preliminary Exam date is determined by the student and faculty chair, the student will need to start the Preliminary forms in DocuSign system. These forms must be turned into OGAPS within 10 days of the scheduled exam and the preliminary exam must be completed at least 14 weeks prior to the Final Exam (i.e. defense date)
- The student will need to submit Research Proposal Approval form via DocuSign at least 20 days prior to the Final Exam. (OGAPS will need a copy of the students approved proposal with this form)
- The student will need to check with Peggy Brigman to make sure that your Residence requirement is being met.
- The student can apply for a degree online at the Howdy portal; pay graduation fee.
- The student will need to submit the Request and Announcement of the Final Examination in the DocuSign system. This form must be submitted to OGAPS at least 10 working days before the final exam date! The student must follow the OGAPS calendar for deadlines.
- Once the student successfully completes the final exam (i.e. defense). The Report of the Final Examination form should be submitted to OGAPS within 10 days following the exam by the department. (This form is not to been seen or handled by the student!)
- The student will need to upload one approved final copy of their dissertation as a single pdf file to https://etd.tamu.edu/and complete the Dissertation/Record of Study Approval form in the DocuSign system. The student must meet the scheduled deadlines for submittal of the signed approval form and the dissertation or record of study in final form.
- Arrange for Cap and Gown. Graduation Information
***You can also use the OGAPS STEPS TO FULFILL A DOCTORAL PROGRAM as a guide that will provide you with the necessary steps toward getting your degree requirements fulfilled.
The Office of Graduate and Professional Studies (OGAPS) will only accept DocuSign documents for the forms listed below:
- Preliminary Examination Checklist and Report – Results must be received by OGAPS 10 working days after exam date & you must have an approved degree plan on file
- Research Proposal Approval Form – Due 20 working days prior to submission of the Request and Announcement of Final Examination.
- Request and Announcement of the Final Examination – Must be received by OGAPS at least 10 working days before final exam date; see OGAPS calendar for deadlines.
- Request for Exemption from the Final Examination
- Written Dissertation Approval Form
- Written Thesis Approval Form
- Thesis, Dissertation, and Record of Study – Copyright Availability
- Letter of Intent
***Peggy Brigman is the Graduate Program Assistant in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences. She is the first signer of DocuSign documents before they are sent to the Department Head and to Graduate Committee members. You can use the following link to the OGAPS websites http://ogaps.tamu.edu/About/COVID-19-Information/Forms-Processing-Changes?ext=. or https://ogaps.tamu.edu/About/Frequently-Asked-Questions-(FAQs)/DocuSign-Forms-FAQs for guidance.
- 685 CONTRACT: Permission to register for research credits under PBSI faculty advisor
- Force Course form: Used to register for PBSI 685, 691, or any PBSI course you are having trouble registering for.
- Request to Pay Student Tuition & Fees form: Used for PBSI students who request additional funding for fees from Faculty Advisor
- GRAD Exit Checklist: Used for PBSI Graduate Students prior to graduation
- Travel Fund Application: PBSI Graduate student application for Travel Fund