- Academic 325B
- Professional Links
- Degree From
- Ph.D. Stanford University
- Social Psychology
- Transition to Adulthood
- Life Course
- Gay and Lesbian Studies
- Transitional Societies
- Quantitative Research
Courses Taught at Texas A&M
- SOCI 205: Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 211: Sociology of Deviance
- SOCI 311: Social Change
- SOCI 312: Population and Society
- SOCI 621: Social Psychology
- SOCI 628: Deviant Behavior
- SOCI 677: Advanced Data Analysis
- SOCI 691: Research
- Pals, Heili and Warren Waren. 2014. “Winners and Losers in Health Insurance: Access and Type of Coverage for Women in Same-Sex and Opposite-Sex Partnerships.” Women and Health, online first.
- Guittar, Nicholas and Heili Pals. 2014. “Intersecting Gender with Race and Religiosity: Do Unique Social Categories Explain Attitudes Toward Homosexuality?” Current Sociology 62(1): 41-62.
- Pals, Heili and Howard B. Kaplan. 2013. “The Roles of Internal Locus of Control and Neighborhood Affluence in Predicting the Continuity of Negative Self-Feelings from Adolescence to Young Adulthood.” Journal of Adolescence36(5): 807-814.
- Pals, Heili and Howard B. Kaplan. 2013. “Long-Term Effects of Adolescent Negative Self-Feelings on Adult Deviance: Moderated by Neighborhood Disadvantage, Mediated by Expectations.” American Journal of Criminal Justice 38(3): 348-368.
- Pals, Heili and Howard B. Kaplan. 2013. “Cumulative and Relative Disadvantage as Long-Term Determinants of Negative Self-Feelings.” Sociological Inquiry83(1): 130-153.
Additionally, published articles and reviews in Social Psychology Quarterly, Population Review, International Journal of Sociology and elsewhere.