College of Liberal Arts Cornerstone Faculty Fellow
- (979) 845-0812
- Academic 409B
- Professional Links
- Leadership Position
- Associate Director, Texas Federal Statistical Research Data Center
- Degree From
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin
- Racial and Ethnic Relations
- Social Inequality
- Social Demography
- Urban Sociology
- Statistical Methods
- Quantitative Techniques
Courses Taught at Texas A&M
- SOCI 317: Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOCI 321: Urban Sociology
- SOCI 420: Advanced Research Methods
- SOCI 601: Urban Sociology
- SOCI 620: Social Demography
- SOCI 620: Urban and Spatial Demography
- SOCI 631: Sociological Research Methods
- SOCI 647: Demography of Inequality
- Fossett, Mark. 2017. New Methods for Measuring and Analyzing Segregation. Cham: Springer.
- Fossett, Mark. 2011. “Generative Models of Segregation: Investigating Model‐Generated Patterns of Residential Segregation by Ethnicity and Socioeconomic Status.” Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 35: 114-145 (Special Issue: The Micro-Macro Link).
- Fossett, Mark. 2006. “Ethnic Preferences, Social Distance Dynamics, and Residential Segregation: Results from Simulation Analyses.” Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 30:185-273. (This is a special issue which consists of this article, four comments on the article by other authors, and a rejoinder to these comments).
- Fossett, Mark A. 2005. “Urban and Spatial Demography” chapter in Dudley L. Poston, Jr. and Michael Micklin (eds.). Handbook of Population. Cham: Springer.
- Baumle, Amanda, and Mark A. Fossett. 2005. “Statistical Discrimination in Employment: Its Practice, Conceptualization, and Implications for Public Policy. American Behavioral Scientist 48: 1250-1274.