Co-Director, Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates Program
- (979) 845-6549
- Academic 327C
- Professional Links
- Leadership Position
- Associate Department Head
- Degree From
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Racial and Ethnic Relations
- Racial and Ethnic Identity
- Social Inequality
- Social Demography
Courses Taught at Texas A&M
- SOCI 205: Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 217: Introduction to Race and Ethnicity
- SOCI 317: Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOCI 664: Racial and Ethnic Identity and Identification
- Gonlin, Vanessa, Nicole Jones, and Mary E. Campbell. (Accepted November 2018) “On the (Racial) Border: Expressed Race, Reflected Race, and the U.S.-Mexico Border Context.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity.
- Gardner, Bret J., Jay G. Pedersen, Mary E. Campbell, James C. McClay. (Accepted November 2018) “Incorporating a Location-based Socioeconomic Index into a De-Identified i2b2 Clinical Data Warehouse.” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Bratter, Jenifer, Mary E. Campbell and Jarron M. Saint Onge. Available online November 3, 2017. “Living Race Together: The Role of Partner’s Race in Racial/Ethnic Differences in Smoking.” Ethnicity and Health.
- Gonlin, Vanessa and Mary E. Campbell. 2017. “Is Blindness Contagious? Examining Racial Attitudes Among People of Color with Close Interracial Relationships.” Sociological Perspectives 60(5): 937-55.
- Campbell, Mary E., Jenifer L. Bratter, and Wendy D. Roth, co-editors. 2016. Special issue: Measuring the Diverging Components of Race. American Behavioral Scientist 60(4).
- Campbell, Mary E. and Molly A. Martin. 2016. “Race, Immigration and Exogamy among the Native Born: Variation across Communities.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity 2(2):142-61.
- Brett, Jeremy and Mary E. Campbell. 2016. “Prejudices Unshelved: Variation in Attitudes toward Controversial Public Library Materials in the General Social Survey, 1972-2014.” Public Library Quarterly 35(1):23-36.
- Campbell, Mary E. and Melissa Herman. 2015. “Both Personal and Public: Measuring Interethnic Marriage Attitudes.” Journal of Social Issues 71(4):712-32.