Pat Rubio Goldsmith
- Academic 325A
- Professional Links
- Leadership Position
- Associate Department Head
- Degree From
- Ph.D. University of Arizona
- Sociology of Education
- Latinx Sociology
- Race and Ethnicity
- Quantitative Methods
Courses Taught at Texas A&M
- SOCI 203: US-Mexico Border
- SOCI 415: Sociology of Education
- SOCI 618: Sociology of Education
- SOCI 667: US-Mexico Border
- Carris, Peggy, Emmber Garcia, and Pat Rubio Goldsmith. Forthcoming. “Latinx Educational Achievement along the US-Mexico Border.” Journal of Latinos in Education.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio and Richard Abel. Forthcoming. “The Dice are Loaded: Schools’ Social Class Composition and Athletic Contests.” Socius: Sociological Research for a Dynamic World.
- Hernandez, David Manuel, John Major Eason, Pat Rubio Goldsmith, Richard Abel, and Andrew McNeely. 2018. “With Mass Deportation Comes Mass Punishment: Punitive Capacity, Health, and Standards in US Immigrant Detention.” Chapter 19 (23 pages) in The Routledge Handbook of Immigration and Crime edited by H. Miller and A. Peguero.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio, Nadia Y. Flores-Yeffal, Juan Salinas, Bruce Reese, and Cristina Elizabeth Cruz. 2018. “Mexican parent’s undocumented status and the educational attainment of the children left behind.” Social Science Research 72:194-208.
- May, Reuben and Pat Rubio Goldsmith. Forthcoming 2018. “Dress Codes and Discrimination in Urban Nightclubs.” Sociology of Race & Ethnicity 4:555-66.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio, Maureen Pylman and William Veléz. 2017. “Are there Neighborhood Effects on Young Adult Neighborhood Attainment? Evidence from Mixed-Logit Models.” Social Science Research 64:25-42.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio, Marcus Britton, Bruce Reese, and William Veléz. 2017. “Will Moving to a Better Neighborhood Help? Teenage Residential Mobility, Change of Context, and Young-Adult Educational Attainment.” Urban Affairs Review 53(2):305-37.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio. 2016. “Perpetuation Theory and the Racial Segregation of Young Adults.” Social Science Research 56:1-15.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio. 2011. “Coleman Revisited: School Segregation, Peers and Frog Ponds.” American Educational Research Journal 48(3):508-35.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio. 2009. “Schools or Neighborhoods, or Both? Race and Ethnic Segregation and Educational Attainment.” Social Forces 87(4):1913-42.
- Goldsmith, Pat Rubio, Mary Romero, Raquel Rubio Goldsmith, Manual Escobedo, and Laura Khoury. 2009. “Ethno-Racial Profiling and State Violence in a Southwest Barrio.” Aztlan 34(1):93-123.