Aggie Takes The Crown: Mallory Fuller ‘20 Reigns As Miss Texas

Mallory Fuller ‘20, a former student from the College of Liberal Arts, is the 2021 Miss Texas titleholder.

By Tiarra Drisker ‘25

Fuller in cap and gown in front of Kyle Field.

Fuller graduated from Texas A&M in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in communication.

Mallory Fuller ‘20 was just a wide-eyed 8-year-old when she first entered the pageant scene through the Lone Star Princess program. Seventeen years later, the communication major former student reigns as Miss Texas. 

All Miss Texas titleholders choose a cause they would like to promote using their platform. As the 2021 Miss Texas titleholder, Fuller’s cause is suicide prevention. She is ecstatic about her new role and what it means for the people she influences as Miss Texas.

“I’m just really thankful for any opportunity to talk about mental health, talk about suicide prevention, and ultimately serve the state of Texas,” Fuller said. 

Fuller educates children and teens about mental health, travels the state of Texas to discuss various topics, and collaborates with students using a character-education program to show the importance of making good choices. Like Aggies, Fuller has long had a passion for selfless service, initially activated by a tragic event that occurred when she was just 15.

“I lost one of my good friends to suicide and it was something that was devastating and shocking,” Fuller shared. “None of us could have ever imagined that we would lose somebody like Johnny to suicide.”

Fuller also attributes her dedication to philanthropy to the experiences she had at Texas A&M University. While attending Texas A&M, she was in the sorority Kappa Alpha Theta, volunteered at Breakaway Ministries, and was involved with Impact Ministries.

“This probably sounds cliche, but the people at A&M truly shaped me to be who I am today,” Fuller explained. “I am a culmination of every single person that I’ve met in every experience that I had at A&M.”  

Miss Texas credits her public speaking and interview skills to the classes she took as a communication major within the College of Liberal Arts.

Fuller holding a copy of her children's book.

Fuller’s book “Henry’s Happy Heart” teaches children about mental health.

“You learn a lot being a communication major,” Fuller said. “One of my classes that sticks out is my interview class. As Miss Texas, that is something that I do very frequently. Media interviews are a phase of competition for Miss America. There is a lot that you learn as a communication major that can definitely be translated into the job of Miss Texas such as public speaking. All of my classes at A&M definitely helped me in the long run and made me an even better competitor.”

Fuller has an eventful schedule ahead of her, including competing for the Miss America title in December and continuing her mental health education efforts. Though she’s busier than ever, she said would not change any of it.

“Every day looks different, but that’s one of the coolest parts about it,” Fuller said. The opportunities and experiences are so different from anything that you could ever imagine.”