The requirements for adding a sociology minor are as follows:
- You must have grades posted for at least one completed semester at Texas A&M University
- You must have a 2.0 overall GPA or higher
- You must have completed at least one sociology course
- You must have a 2.0 overall GPA or higher in your sociology coursework
- You must not have completed more than 90 hours
Exceptions can be made to the 90 hour rule for students whose coursework suggests having made substantial progress towards the completion of the minor.
Exceptions can be made regarding the completion of at least one sociology course for students applying as part of the undergraduate studies major application.
In order to achieve a sociology minor, you must complete 15 hours of sociology coursework. A required minor, and optional minors for ECON majors, must have at least 9 hours of coursework at the 300-400 level. All other optional minors must have at least 6 hours of coursework at the 300-400 level. You must earn grades of “C” or better in all minor coursework.
See a sociology advisor if you wish to obtain a sociology minor.