Welcome to the English Undergraduate Program Office! We are here to provide students with information about courses, degree requirements, study abroad, and any other items of importance.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment with an academic advisor every semester.
Advising Syllabus: Take a look at the advising syllabus as a reminder of what you should expect form your advisor and what they will be expecting from you.
Spring Updates: The College of Liberal Arts will continue to meet with students virtually for advising by default. Should you prefer an in-person meeting, you must select the “In-Person” Meeting Type in Navigate. To offer you quality academic advising in the safest possible way, we recommend that safety precautions, such as mask wearing and social distancing are followed.
Academic Advising Hours:
English Undergraduate Program Office (LAAH 352): Monday–Friday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Sarah Borden (Check-in at LAAH 202): Walk-ins are welcome anytime, but students with scheduled appointments will have priority.
If I am not in my office, or am busy with another student, please head to LAAH 352 for immediate assistance.
Appointments can be scheduled with Sarah Borden (Zoom or LAAH 212) at the following times:
Monday: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 – 11:30 am, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 – 11:30 am, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 – 11:30 am, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Friday: Reserved for emergency meetings, prospective students, and group workshops, email me (email@example.com) with the details if you have a time-sensitive concern and I may be able to fit you in.
To schedule an advising appointment:
- Go to https://tamu.campus.eab.com/
- Click “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Advising Texas A&M University” from drop-down menu
- Select “LA – Liberal Arts Undergraduate Advising” from drop-down menu
- Choose your reason for advising from drop-down menu
- Select “LA – ENGL – see Additional Details” from the drop-down menu
- Choose your Appointment Day and Time
- Review the appointment details and make sure the reminder boxes are checked
- Don’t forget to click “Schedule”, if you do not receive a confirmation email you did not complete this step!
If you cannot find an appointment time in Navigate, that is because our appointments are fully booked. Please check availability again the next morning. Appointment times are automatically released two weeks in advance.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment time or no longer need to meet with our advisor, please cancel your appointment. This opens your slot for another student to schedule.