Updated as of 4/27/2023
We will be advising students with appointments VIRTUALLY for the remainder of the Spring semester and all of Summer.
Weekly Advising Schedule:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays – by appointment only
Hours of operation:
Monday thru Friday from 9am to 11:30am and 2pm to 4pm
We are offering virtual advising appointments only via Zoom.
Students who wish to make an appointment can utilize the Navigate portal. As a friendly reminder, students can access the online appointment system, by clicking the Navigate Link and select Academic Advising-Texas A&M University and then under SERVICE select AT-ECON-See Additional Details as the location.
After you have selected your time, you will come to a final screen and a student must scroll all the way down on that final screen to confirm their appointment. Otherwise, the appointment time will not be set. Once your meeting is confirmed, you will receive an auto-reply email with instructions on how to access the advisor’s Zoom meeting room for your advising session.
Although the appointment times will be listed for 30 minutes in Navigate, each session will be limited to 20 minutes. The primary reason is that at the conclusion of each session, an advisor will need to enter their notes for the session and may need to send any follow-up information/documentation to the student’s TAMU email account. With this in mind, if a student is more than 5 minutes late to their online advising session, an advisor may cancel the appointment and a student will need to reschedule for a later date. If you have any trouble utilizing Zoom, please email the advisor whom you have an appointment with to make different arrangements, such as an advising session over the phone.
If your schedule changes suddenly, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment; we simply ask for as much advance notice as is feasible. Please note: failure to attend 3 scheduled appointments in one term will result in the loss of access to appointment scheduling in Navigate (for any advisor) for the remainder of the term.
When you have questions or concerns regarding your degree plan, scheduling, internships, studying abroad, graduation, etc., your academic advisors are here to help. We are located on 1st floor of the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Building (LASB) Suite #103.
Your ECON advisors are here to help guide you through your academic career and equip you with the resources you need to achieve a balanced education at Texas A&M University. Email us or make an appointment so that we can discuss your individual situation during advising hours.
Communicating with your Advisors
- Always use your TAMU email address when emailing any academic advisor.
- Always include your full name and UIN# in the email.
- Always include a proper title, greeting, and closing in your email.
- Allow at least 2 business days for a response.
- Be respectful, courteous, professional, and be mindful of sensitive information.
- Check your TAMU email account on a daily basis. Important notices, deadlines, reminders, etc., will be sent ONLY to your TAMU email address.
- Please do not “no show” an appointment. You are taking an appointment away from another student. If you schedule an appointment, be sure to attend. If you are unable to attend, log into Navigate and cancel your appointment.
- Michael Werner and Emily Kaufman-Baumann are no longer with the Department of Economics, they are only Political Science. Please do not contact them for advising.
- To schedule an appointment with Carmen or Ashley, simply log into Navigate. You do not need to email us, we will refer you to Navigate.
- Drop-ins should be quick questions that can be answered in just a couple of minutes. If you have extensive questions, you need to schedule an appointment.
Visit with an Advisor
Current TAMU Students:
Please stay updated via our Advising News page.
Prospective High School Students:
By appointment only
Please email our Assistant Department Head, Mr. Kurt Felpel to schedule an appointment at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email an Advisor:
Ashley Corn – Advising Manager
Shelby Wallace – Academic Advisor III
Omari Burton – Academic Advisor II
Carmen Hoffman – Academic Advisor II