In this program, undergraduate economics majors are paired up with students in the Masters of Financial Economics/Financial Econometrics program in the Department of Economics. The pairs will collaborate on a Capstone Project required of MS students in the Fall semester. The project includes data acquisition, data analysis, and both written and oral presentations. Students will be guided through the research process by both undergraduate and graduate faculty members as they work toward completion of the project. This is an excellent opportunity to learn research from the ground up!
Research Assistants will also earn 3 hours of upper-level ECON course credit (ECON 491).
- Junior or Senior Classification in Fall 2023
- Overall GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Completed ECON 323 with a “C” or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available for at least two blocks of times for meeting with your team (between 8-5, Monday-Friday)
- Enrolled in ECON 491 for Fall 2022
- If accepted to the program, an ECON advisor will enroll you in ECON 491.
- The dates and times for this course will remain listed as “TBA,” as you will set your specific meeting times with your team.
- As this is a 3-hours course, you will be billed accordingly for tuition.
- Practical experience with research
- Collaboration with others in the field
- Mentorship and networking with peers and faculty
- 3 hours of upper-level ECON elective credit (ECON 491)
If you are interested in this opportunity, or you have any questions please contact Academic Advisor Carmen Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email all application materials and UIN to Kurt Felpel (email@example.com)
- Unofficial transcript
- 1-page essay answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a research assistant?
- What part of Financial Economics/Econometrics interests you most?
- One letter of recommendation (optional)
All application materials are due to Mr. Kurt Felpel by Friday March 31st 2023 at 5pm You will be notified of acceptance into the program and assigned to a team prior to the end of the Spring 2023 semester.