Sarah Guccione – January 2018

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student

January, 2018

guccioneName: Sarah Guccione

Hometown: Austin, Texas

High School: L. C. Anderson High School

Degree objective: Master’s in Financial Economics and Bachelor of Science in Economics

Expected graduation: May 2019

University highlights, awards, scholarships: I was the fall philanthropy head office for my sorority, Delta Zeta, for 2 years! Additionally, I am currently serving as the vice president of Chabad.

Current employment: I work seasonally at Nordstrom in Austin, TX.

Family ties to Texas A&M: l am a first generation Aggie!

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…  I fell in love with the curriculum of the B.S. of Economics at A&M. Additionally, l knew I wanted to get my Masters and A&M had multiple 5 year programs that could be combined with a B.S. in Economics.

My favorite things to do on campus are… I love the George Bush Presidential Library and the grounds around it. lt for sure is my favorite place on campus, and l love lo walk around there and show people the bcsl part o[ campus.

When I have free time, I like… In my free lime I love to volunteer, bake and eat out

The craziest thing I’ve done is…  The craziest thing I’ve ever done is I lived in rural Japan for a summer.

My favorite place to study is… My favorite place to study would have to be the 2nd floor of Evans.

My favorite ECON professor is…  My favorite professor would have to be Dr. Schulman. He is such a great professor who truly cares so much about his students.Tam looking forward to taking another class with him soon!

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with… There are so many people I wished I could spend an afternoon with! One person I would love to spend an afternoon with and hear all his stories would be Kurt Vonnegut.

If I knew I could not fail, I would… If I knew I could not fail, I would be the head of the Federal Reserve.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to… l would love to travel all over the world and meet new people and experience their culture with them.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it? I love to be positive and inclusive. I believe that to make the world a better place it starts with us treating each other with respect.

After graduation, I plan to… After graduation, I plan to get a job somewhere in the consumer goods sector!

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is… One of the highlights of my time here at A&M would be getting my ring. My parents and best friends were all there making it a real special moment.