Srikari Ayyagari – January 2021

Get to know our most recent Amazing Economics Student! You can always see previous students by clicking the "More Amazing Students" link below.

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student
January 2021

Srikari AyyagariName:

Srikari Ayyagari

Hometown:

Katy, Texas

High School:

Seven Lakes High School

Degree objective:

B.S. in Economics, Minor in Statistics

Expected graduation:

December 2020

University highlights, awards, scholarships:

Neal Hahn Scholarship Recipient, Gulf Greyhound Park Scholar, Summa Cum Laude

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of:

I’ve been involved in 180 Degrees Consulting since freshman year, both as a consultant and team lead. I was the treasurer for TAMU UNICEF, PR External for the Indian Students Association, and an ambassador for the Department of Multicultural Services’ Courageous Conversations program.

Current employment:

I have 6 months between graduation and starting work full time. I’m planning on (hopefully) traveling when things turn for the better.

Family ties to Texas A&M:

None.

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…

I didn’t have a real reason for choosing to attend Texas A&M apart from it being in state and it having a strong alumni network. I had never even been to the campus before! It wasn’t until after becoming a student that I came to love the diversity in thought, people, and activities offered at TAMU, and the positive impact they have on the student body and the community. In the end, I couldn’t have imagined being anything other than an Aggie!

My favorite things to do on campus are…

My favorite things to do on campus are to go to football games on Kyle Field, and spend time at the Gardens.

When I have free time, I like…

In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, trying new types of coffee, board games, and singing.

The craziest thing I’ve done is…

I went rock climbing for the first time on a cliffside on a Malibu beach in the spring!

My favorite place to study is…

The flag room. It’s a great place to study, snack, or nap.

My favorite ECON professor is…

My favorite ECON professor is Dr. Ureta! Although challenging, her class has taught me to truly look at and analyze the world in a different light, and never take statements or headlines at face value.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…

The things my classes have taught me about the world and how it works. Every subject and industry has economics built into it and can be viewed through that lens.

Anthony Bourdain!

If I knew I could not fail, I would…

Be an astronaut! Or racecar driver.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…

Travel and live in every country and get to know the language, culture, and people.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?

I’m passionate about the issue of Hindu persecution, as it seems like the rest of the world frequently overlooks or ignores it. I’d want to work with and give to organizations that provide refuge, resources and opportunities to these Hindus.

After graduation, I plan to…

Start my career as a Sales and Trading Analyst at Bank of America in New York City.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…

The first time I attended Muster.