Amazing Student – SarahBeth Boothe

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student
December, 2023

Name:

SarahBeth Boothe

Hometown:

Katy, Texas

High School:

Homeschooled

Degree objective:

Financial Planning Minor, BS Economics, MS Economics with a Financial Concentration

Expected graduation:

May, 2024

University highlights, awards, scholarships:

I have been very blessed to receive two scholarships during my time at A&M through the Financial Planning Program (The Diversity in Financial Planning Scholarship and the ‘80 Ags in Financial Planning Scholarship). However, this is not a reflection of me, but rather the kindness & selfless service of those who create these scholarships and continue to pour into students. Additionally, I received the student spotlight for Texas A&M Rec Sports, representing the Fitness & Wellness Program earlier this year.

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of:

Vice President of the Financial Planning Student Association & member of A&Mbassadors

Current employment:

Associate Relationship Manager with The Sum, & a Group Fitness Instructor for Texas A&M

Family ties to Texas A&M:

My grandfather (‘56) and mother (‘85) both graduated from A&M and I even lived in the same dorm my grandfather lives in 65 years after him!

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…

My mother! She instilled a love for the school as well as the traditions at an early age.

My favorite things to do on campus are…

I love walking in Aggie Park. It is my favorite part to go for some quiet time & continually reminds me how blessed I am to be here.

When I have free time, I like…

I love pickleball & binge-watching reality tv! Unfortunately, love is blind has taken up most of my free time.

The craziest thing I’ve done is…

I moved to Wisconsin one summer for an internship, and prior to that I had never been North of Texas. This was a huge thing for me, but it was the most amazing summer of my life!

My favorite place to study is…

The grad lounge! It’s the best place in Evans located on the 6th floor.

My favorite ECON professor is…

Dr. Strickland! She is an outstanding professor & an even more amazing person. She reminds me why I chose Economics & motivates me to strive for excellence!

My favorite part of being an Economics student is…

The people I have met! The Economics Students and Faculty are some of the best individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing. I would like to specifically call out Alexa Baumgarten (future Doctor of Economics), who without her friendship I would have never made it through the Program. Her kindness & love are unmatched and she blesses everyone she meets.

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…

Taylor Swift! She seems like she would be so easy to laugh with.

If I knew I could not fail, I would…

Bet all my money on A&M winning the SEC Championship in 2024! Not only would I be rich, but A&M would beat Alabama AND UT!

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…

My sweet sister is special needs & loves horses more than anything! I would love to buy land & many horses one day so that I can ride with my sister.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?

My faith plays a large role in my passion in life. Jesus has done so much for me & walked with me through every phase of my life. I owe it all to Him, and my passion is to live by God & for God. If nothing else but that, my life will be more fruitful than I could have imaged!

After graduation, I plan to…

Work full time with The Sum & continue teaching fitness at a nearby gym.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…

When I gave my mom a new Aggie Ring! Hers was completely worn down and I surprised her with a new ring under the giant ring at the Association of Former Students. It was a blessing to give back to someone who has done so much for me at the school we both love.