Amazing Student – Kaylie Measels

Texas A&M Department of Economics Amazing Student
May, 2024

Name:

Kaylie Measels

Hometown:

Tilden, Texas

High School:

McMullen County ISD

Degree objective:

B.S. Economics with a minor in Financial Planning

Expected graduation:

Fall, 2024

University highlights, awards, scholarships:

During my time at Texas A&M, I have been fortunate enough to receive 2 scholarships from the financial planning department – The Financial Planning Diversity Scholarship and the Kyle and Britanny Noack Scholarship.

Clubs/Organizations I am (was) a part of:

Social Officer for the Financial Planning Student Association, A&Mbassador, and External Relations Committee member for Aggie Women in Business. I was previously the Social Executive for Collaborative Aggie Leadership Initiative.

Current employment:

I currently work as a part-time leasing consultant for Cardinal Group Management at 12 North Apartments. During the upcoming summer, I will be moving to New York City to be a Wealth Management Intern for Wealthspire Advisors.

Family ties to Texas A&M:

None! My sister and I are first-generation Aggies!

I chose to attend Texas A&M because…

The Aggie Spirit and the Aggie Network! Coming from a small town with a graduating class of 13, I was looking for a community that was friendly and welcoming, and A&M has felt like home since I got here! I even loved it so much that I convinced my sister to come to A&M too and she is loving her freshman year!

My favorite things to do on campus are…

Attend any Aggie sporting event, get ice cream in Aggie Park, and walk around The Gardens looking at all of the plants and flowers.

When I have free time, I like…

Watching movies, reading books, and exploring downtown Bryan (especially on First Friday).

The craziest thing I’ve done is…

Packed all of my bags and moved to New York City for an internship with Morgan Stanley. When I accepted the offer, I had never traveled outside of Texas and Florida! I’m so glad I made the decision to relocate all by myself because it allowed me to grow so much as a person and explore such an amazing city!

My favorite place to study is…

The MSC by the Flag Room, 4th floor of Evans Library, or the study rooms at my apartment complex. When the weather is nice, I also like to study outside at the MSC or POV.

My favorite ECON professor is…

Professor Sam Stripling! His Sports Econ class was one of the most interesting classes I have taken. Even with the minimal sports knowledge I had, the class taught me so much about an industry I had never fully understood. Definitely one of my favorite classes I have ever taken!

My favorite part of being an Economics student is…

The community! I love being able to see familiar faces in all of my classes. It’s nice knowing that someone will always be there to help you if you ever need it. It also makes it easier to work on group projects and study for exams together!

If I could share an afternoon with anyone, I would love to share it with…

My parents!!!! My mom and dad are the best and have done everything they could to ensure my sister and I can reach our goals!

If I knew I could not fail, I would…

Drop everything I was doing to pursue a career as a professional pickleball player.

If money was not a consideration, I would love to…

Travel to every country in the world. I love to travel and I wish I had more time and money to experience the world! There is so much to see, and do and I would love to bring my family along to experience it with me.

What is your passion and how are you committed to pursuing it?

My passion is making people smile and helping them grow and develop as a person. I love meeting new people and mentoring them, so I have aimed to take on a position as a mentor in any way I can! I am a peer mentor on campus for first-gen students and I make sure to act as a mentor in any organization I am a member of.

After graduation, I plan to…

Move to NYC to pursue a career in Asset or Wealth Management! I have loved the time I have spent in NYC and it’s very thrilling to pursue a career in finance on Wall Street.

The one Texas A&M experience I will always remember is…

Getting my Aggie Ring! It was such an amazing day and I am so glad that my family was there to celebrate it with me! My sister is the one who put my ring on me, and I look forward to the day I can put her ring on her finger!