Prospective Transfer Students
Transfer students coming from another university or from a community college and are applying for admission to TAMU with a Psychology major, must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 24 completed graded hours (AP courses do NOT apply towards graded hours)
- Maximum 75 total hours (including F, I, W, Q)
- Minimum 3.0 GPR overall
- Completion of Introductory Psychology with a minimum grade of C
- Completion of either MATH 1324 (TAMU MATH 140) or MATH 2412 (TAMU MATH 150) with a B or better OR completion of MATH 1325 (TAMU MATH 142) or MATH 1332 (TAMU MATH 166) °MATH 1324 and 1332 are repeat credits
- Completion of ENGL 1302 (TAMU ENGL 104) with a C or better
Go to Admissions to start to the process. Also, please visit with one of Texas A&M’s Prospective Student Centers. You may also set up a tour of the Texas A&M campus by contacting the Visitor’s Center.
Change of Major from Galveston
If you are wanting to change your major from the TAMUG to TAMUCS, you must follow the below procedure. You will follow the “major change” requirements, not “transfer” requirements. You also will have to follow the major change dates listed above.
You must meet the following requirements:
- Have no more than 75 completed hours (grades included: F; grades excluded: I, W, Q)
- Minimum 2.5 GPR overall
- Completion of PSYC 107 with a minimum grade of C
- Completion of at least one of the following math courses: MATH 140 (TCCNS MATH 1324) or MATH 150 (TCCNS MATH 2412) with a C or better, MATH 141, MATH 166 (TCCNS MATH 1332), MATH 142 (TCCNS MATH 1325) with a D or better; may not substitute algebra
- MATH 140, 141 and 166 are repeat credits
- If all requirements are met, email Lisa Bowden with your request and include your UIN.
- Complete a Change of Major Request Form (emailed by advisor).
- Once your form is received and reviewed, you will be notified by an advisor of your acceptance/denial.
- If accepted, a hold will be placed on your account. You must come in and meet with an advisor to sign an Admission Contract. Once signed, the hold will be lifted.
- If you have any questions, contact the Psychological and Brain Sciences Advising Office.